PeopleSoft Spring Updates
New Look & Feel and Home Page:
In addition to a new color scheme, the tiles are spaced farther apart, your active tile is highlighted, and you can now personalize your experience with drag and drop tiles on every page and moving tiles to other pages.
- To move the order of tiles on a specific page, click and hold on a tile and move over another tile to the desired location.
- To move a specific tile to a homepage, click on the tile you wish to move. At the top right hand corner of the screen, click on the Actions menu (three dots), and select 'Add to Homepage'. A pop-up will appear, where you can choose to add the tile to an existing homepage or create a new one. Moving a tile will not remove that tile from the original location.
The home page has been revamped with the most frequently visited tiles available on the home page. New tiles are as follows:
- My Self Service gives you a dashboard to view and maintain your personal details, performance document, pay-related information, benefits, and more
- Manage My Team gives you a dashboard to view and maintain details for your direct and indirect reports
- Paychecks provides a quick snapshot of your most recent paycheck
- Explore Harvard allows you to view various Harvard offerings
- Enter Time is a new dynamic tile for time reporters that displays total hours reported in the current week
Harvard ID pictures will be imported and visible throughout PeopleSoft for employees, their direct/indirect managers, and administrators. An employee can easily change or remove their photo from within any page from the Personal Details tile (Home > My Self Service > Personal Details) and clicking the ‘Update Photo’ link at the top left corner. *Note that the best ratios are 1:1 (square) or 4:5.
New Benefits Quick Links
New tiles are available within the My Benefits dashboard to make it easier to view related benefits information outside of PeopleSoft.
- The Harvard Retirement Center tile opens to the Harvard University Retirement Center (HURC) where users can manage their TDA and pension contributions.
- Visiting the My Harvard Total Rewards will send you to your own Total Rewards Statement.
Preventing Negative Longer Service Vacation, Excess Funded Vacation and Personal Time Absence Balances
- All absence requests over the available balance for Longer Service Vacation, Excess Vacation and Personal will be moved to Unpaid Time (Time at Own Expense).
- A new warning message will be displayed upon submit to the requestor for any Longer Service Vacation, Excess Funded Vacation or Personal Time absence request where the request amount is greater than the available balance.
- Enter Time: Accessibility enhancements when Screen Reader Mode is ‘On’ - Input fields and daily comments on the desktop Enter Time page will now announce what date and day of the week they apply to in screen-reader mode.
- Enter Time: Reported Totals in Different Units - The Enter Time page will now display total dollar amounts along with hours for the week in the timesheet header.
- Mobile Timesheet Comments - Daily comments can now be entered and read when using the mobile Report Time page.